||Committees||Abstracts, Presentations & Proceedings||Program
by 5 km of superbly preserved stone ramparts, Avignon is one of the
most graceful cities of the south of France and part of the UNESCO’s
The conference will take place in the Palace of the Popes.
This medieval fortress was the seat of the papal power during the 14th century and is a treasury of magnificent art and architecture.
Famed for its annual performing arts festival, Avignon is also an animated city and an ideal spot from which to step out into the surrounding
Avignon City Map
Local Map of Palace of Popes
|Access||Arrival by train|
Avignon is less than three hours from Paris by high speed trains. Direct trains or easy connections from London, Brussels, Lyon and Marseille are also available.
Timetables can be found and train tickets can be bought via the TGV or the SNCF websites.
A shuttle bus connects the TGV train station to Avignon city centre in 10 minutes.
Arrival by plane
From Roissy Charles de Gaulle international airport (this is probably the easiest connection) there are direct trains connecting in less than three hours the airport train station to Avignon.
Other possible arrival airports include Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport and Marseille airport .
Book online your hotel
Location map of the hotels
Rooms have been pre-booked for delegates:
- hotels 3 stars from 130€/night/single,
- 2 stars from 68€ to 81€/night/single,
- 1 star and non classified hotels from 52€/night/single,
- YMCA and Youth hostel from 25€/night/dormitory.
You can book your accommodation online within these pre-booked allotments using this form.
Should you have any queries about the pre-booked conference accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
foreign citizens who wish to come to France must be able to present
regulatory proof of the purpose of their stay, means of support and
accommodation. In some cases, they need a visa to enter France. Visas
must be applied for before leaving for France at a French consular
France is part of the Schengen area. The Schengen area includes the territory of the
following European Union countries and associated countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
A visa is waived for citizens of the following countries:
• Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela;
• holders of passports from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and the Special Administrative Region of Macao of the People’s Republic of China;
• holders of a valid residence document in France;
• holders of a residence document issued by a country which adheres to the Schengen Agreement;
• holders of a travel document issued by a country which adheres to the Schengen Agreement.